The Matriculation syllabus typically refers to the list of topics and subjects that are covered in the standardized tests administered by Matriculation Boards, which are required for admission to universities or colleges in many countries. The specific Matriculation syllabus can vary depending on the country or region, as well as the subject area being tested. Students can use the Matriculation syllabus to create study plans and focus their preparation efforts on the specific areas that are covered in the exams.
Class 10 Exam:
The class 10 exam of the matriculation board in Tamil Nadu is known as the Tamil Nadu SSLC(Secondary School Leaving Certificate) exam. It is conducted by the Tamil Nadu Directorate of Government Examinations (TNDGE) and is the most important exam for students in TamilNadu. The TN SSLC exam is typically held in the month of March every year, and the results are usually declared in May.
Matriculation Exam Pattern:
- The exam consists of six subjects: Tamil, English, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, and an optional subject.
- The exam is conducted for a total of 600 marks, with each subject carrying 100 marks.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes for each subject.
- The question paper includes both objective and subjective type questions.
- The objective type questions are multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with four options and one correct answer. These questions carry 1 mark each.
- The subjective type questions include short-answer questions and long-answer questions. These questions carry different marks depending on their length and complexity.
- The total number of questions in each subject varies, but it generally ranges between
40 to 50 questions.
- Students must score a minimum of 35 marks out of 100 in each subject to pass the